Sunday 20 January 2013

Beginning my real progress south... by south east.

Let the journey begin!

Took a rest at the first stream next to THE 309 road. Perfect for rally car racing.
Here piggy piggy... wait why are you chasing me!?!
Got a nice pic of these pigs and chicks cooking in the hot sun before I got to high tail it out of there!
Straight broke my seat off  hustling up the dirt road.. Good thing I had a back-up. Can you imagine?
They say water works.. I drink 1 liter every 10km on a normal hard ride.  Today I drank a lot more!
Even steeper than it looks! And lots of them!
Saved by this oasis
This tough kid came out of almost nowhere
And this much younger kid must have HUGE balls
They say this thick tree is over 600 years old.. one of the few left after recent logging.
I could live there.. ;)
True Giants of the jungle
Who's this stud? (He's still working on his self portrait)
Straight fell out of the sky!
Hours of riding later and still feeling the tropical heat! So Humid!
Downhill and loving it... just a bit of slipping and sliding though.
Cooling off a bit
Curious company
Horses seem to like honey too

Why hello there
Camo horse joins us
Nice culture mashup
Discovered pavement and the road back to civilization
The disappearing giant hill. Almost brought me to tears as it reminded me of my last visit to Colorado and all the MOUNTAINS that are no longer there.
Treating myself to a $30 Thai dinner. Shifting to a more veg based intake.  Inspiration to respect life more is everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment