Wednesday 23 January 2013

Some photos to tantalize you..

One last look at Whitanga
My evolving gear and ride... tuning it up today. These huge hills really put it to the test. Nearly broke a second seat. I continue to get mad respect from fellow cyclists on the road.

They are building bike/walking trails to completely go around both islands.. Nice! 
Typical little coastal community.. Many of these houses have yachts or boats out front 

Headed towards hot water beach... hot springs bubbling up in the  surf and sand

Nice river front property

Thought about free camping here

First tag I've seen... above an eco retreat. Strange.

Mining gets personal

These signs are everywhere in this town

Frankenfood... and one of only 2 farms I've seen the entire time I've been here.

Run Forest Run!

Tyre farm... growing outside most every town I've seen

More local resistance. Good luck

Guess I'm a colonist.. fitting?

Good times ahead...

To hot to actually touch the sand.. the shovel was key. My legs really needed it.

The view from my free camp... Beautiful. However the local animals pestered me ALL night. Not much sleep.

Past happiness.. 

Logging the national scenic reserves.. it's everywhere. 

Nearly dead cocks, chicks and chickens.. I moved them to the shade and hoped I didn't catch something. Cried a bit. They were really suffering. Lots of them tucked away now.

Ugly amongst such beauty 
Still disappearing


These scenes are everywhere

More GMO corn... funny I haven't seen anyone eating it.

Are we growing tyres now? Where's the Nike playing field when you need one?

Whiratoa the town.. and still growing.

Pioneer GMO. Clever greenwashing.

Where do you think these trees got shipped off to?

Sooo many more cows than people...  I wonder where this is headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment